In order to maximize the durability and beauty of your hardwood flooring, we recommend the following practices as part of your floor’s normal care and maintenance:
- Place doormats or rugs at entrances to collect moisture, sand, grit and other potentially damaging substances from being tracked on your floor.
- Dust mop or vacuum with a soft accessory to keep your hardwood floor clean from dust, grit or dirt.
- For sticky spots, use a soft damp cloth to gently scrub the floor. If necessary, use a generic hardwood floor cleaner. Do not use steel wool or other abrasive scouring pads.
- Do not use harsh detergents, abrasive cleaners or corrosive chemicals to clean your floor.
- Avoid excessive water. Use mats in the kitchen, bathroom and laundry room to protect against spills. If a spill occurs, blot it up immediately with a dry cloth.
- Use only colorfast and non-scratch carpeting or pads on your hardwood floor.
- Protect the floor from furniture legs and do not walk on the floor with high-heeled shoes.